28.3.11

No running in heels

During the festive mayhem last year I took a tumble in the snow and managed to do some fairly disastrous damage to the tendons in my foot. Cue a scene worthy of Kill Bill when I finally managed to wiggle my toes again, plus a whole lot of hobbling around on crutches until the arrival of 2011.

Eventually the limping came to a halt and life in London resumed it's usual (dizzying) pace. But, four months on, the pain and swelling are back, which means no more running ... and no more heels. Watch my bottom lip quiver ...

I might have to hang up my heels for the foreseeable future, but these spiky stiletto planters from giddyspinster on Etsy are cheering me up.


Who knew stripper heels could look so good

The clever artist behind these creations removes the top of each stiletto, sands it down, drills holes for drainage and then plants a cactus in a mix of natural and organic fertilisers and soil. Impressive!

Perhaps I should donate a pair or two of my own for upcycling?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment